Updated: August 31, 2023
SummerTech is located in the Fort Awesome building at Purchase College. Arrival, drop-off, and pick-up will all be accessed through Parking Lot CENTRAL 1.
Driving Directions: Enter Purchase College at 735 Anderson Hill Road and make your first LEFT onto the East/West Loop Road. Then make your first RIGHT onto Lincoln Ave. Follow this down about 1/4 mile until you arrive at Parking Lot CENTRAL 1. As you pull in we are right in front of you.
Sunday: Arrive at 2:30pm! Upon arrival you will be met by our staff in their blue shirts, who will guide you up the path to camp for check-in. Weekly morning arrivals will also be met by staff.
Opening Ceremonies: 3pm sharp! We begin our week with an opening ceremony for campers and parents. It takes about 30 minutes, is extremely informative, and we strongly encourage you to attend! If you can’t be with us Sunday, no worries. We will be ready for you on Monday morning.
Sunday Schedule: We would like campers to be here until at least 6pm but they can stay as late as 9pm. Between 3pm-6pm campers will have their first class, fun activities, and get a little taste of everything so they’re ready to go when they arrive Monday morning. Dinner will be served at 6pm to all who are present. After dinner are lots of fun, social activities where campers get to know each other. We highly encourage you to let them stay late! If you can’t make it on Sunday, no worries. It happens. If so, try to arrive as early as you can on Monday morning so we can get them situated with their instructor.
Daily Drop Off: Our lab opens daily (Mon-Fri) at 8am. Please enter lot CENTRAL 1 and pull right up to our front door. ALL CAMPERS MUST BE CHECKED IN AT THE DIRECTOR’S TABLE IN THE MAIN LAB EACH DAY.
Daily Pick Up: All campers must be picked up by 9pm each day. Of course, you can pick up your camper at any time before that. Please refer to our schedule in the “Camp Life” section above to find the best times for you. ALL CAMPERS MUST BE SIGNED OUT. WE CAN NOT SEND CAMPERS OUT OF CAMP WITHOUT AN APPEARANCE FROM AN APPROVED DESIGNATED PARENT OR GUARDIAN. We can not stress this enough.
Friday: Our closing ceremonies begin promptly at 2pm. Please arrive by 1:45pm, park in lot CENTRAL 2 or CENTRAL 3 and make to Fort Awesome. Ceremonies typically last 30 minutes. All campers must be met by 2pm and camp closes to all post-ceremonies. Please plan your week accordingly to meet your camper(s) by 2pm.
What to Bring
– Dress for comfort. Our labs can be a little chilly and we don’t have control over the AC so consider sending with a sweatshirt or light sweater or jacket.
– Comfortable shoes. But not TOO comfortable. Often we see campers in flip flops. While we’re not an athletic camp but we highly recommend regular sneakers.
– Is it raining?? If rain is in the forecast please send them with a rain jacket or umbrella. We have short walks to meals and we want them to stay as dry as possible.
– Sunscreen? Our outdoor time is 3:30 – 5. Many of our outdoor options are shaded. We want them to get fresh air but not too much direct sunlight. The UV index is typically safer at that time of day but it’s something to consider.
– Snacks? No. It never comes up and the kids are well fed. If your camper is a picky eater you might want to send them with things you know they will eat. Otherwise, it’s really not necessary.
– Water? Sure, if you want. We do have water fountains readily available.
– Cash? No. We have some merchandise for sale but it’s best to do this when parents come for pick up or drop off or on Fridays.
– Phone? Up to you. Phones are allowed but we can’t be responsible for them.
– Computer? No. Our computers are great. If for some reason they really want it, again, we can’t be responsible.
That should do it! If you have any questions please reach out to us at [email protected] or 917-674-6291.