Updated: January 10, 2024
SummerTech is located in the Fort Awesome building at Purchase College. Arrival, drop-off, and pick-up will all be accessed through Parking Lot CENTRAL 1.
Driving Directions: Enter Purchase College at 735 Anderson Hill Road and make your first LEFT onto the East/West Loop Road. Then make your first RIGHT onto Lincoln Ave. Follow this down about 1/4 mile until you arrive at Parking Lot CENTRAL 1. As you pull in we are right in front of you.
Sunday: Please arrive at 2pm. Upon arrival you will be met by our staff who will escort you up the path to camp for check-in into our dorms. There you will set up your camper’s room and get started with your SummerTech experience!
Friday: Each Friday we have closing ceremonies for all campers that begin promptly at 2pm. If your camper is staying for two weeks you are welcome to join us for the end of their first week to see our weekly ceremony. If you are picking your camper up, please arrive by 1:30pm to park and make your way up to Fort Awesome. Your camper’s belongings will be packed and ready for you to easily grab and put in your car. Closing ceremonies will end around 2:30pm. Camp closes to all post-ceremonies unless they are spending the weekend. Please plan your week accordingly to meet your camper(s) by 2pm.
What to Bring
- Record of Immunization – Please bring a copy of a record of immunization for each camper. Do not email this to us. You will hand this to our Health Director upon arrival and check in.
- Medications – If your camper needs our Health Director to hold on to or administer any medications we need the following:
- A standing order from your doctor stating that your child is prescribed to take these medications. This can simply be in the form of a letter on the doctor’s letterhead. We do not need the actual prescription, just a written verification from the doctor.
- All medications must be in the original bottles with the prescription label. We can not deal with medications that are not in the original bottles.
WE CAN NOT HOLD ON TO OR ADMINISTER ANY MEDICATIONS WITHOUT THE THE STANDING ORDER OR THE ORIGINAL BOTTLES
Overnighters Packing List
The dorm rooms are equipped with a bed and mattress, desk, chair, dresser, and armoire for each camper. Rooms are air conditioned with private bathrooms and showers. Most rooms are for two campers but we have a few triples. Here are the items your camper will need:
- Sheets (beds are extra long twins (twin xl) – classic college size)
- Consider a mattress topper – college mattresses, after all 🙂
- Pillow(s) and cases
- 1-2 warm blankets (dorms have AC and can get chilly!)
- Sweatshirts/sweaters/long pants (for evenings)
- Towels for bathroom use
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc.)
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Hat or baseball cap
- Spending money (for vending machines/convenience store/optional food delivery night – one dollar bills are always best)
- Valuable/fragile items (we can’t be responsible for your belongings)
- Snacks with nuts—we are a nut free camp.
FAQ – Should I Bring?:
- Money – often our overnighters like to use the vending machines or order in food at night when appropriate. We suggest sending them with about $40. Small bills are best for the machines and when kids need to split orders. Rest assured they will be fed plenty – these are just extras.
- Laptop (You don’t need one – plenty of great computers in the labs)
- Phone/tablet (You can but it’s up to you)
- Games (No need we have tons)
- Drawing tablet (No need we’ve got them)
- We can’t be responsible for items you bring from home. If you choose to bring any of these, please record your serial numbers just in case.
That should do it! It’s going to be an amazing time. If you have any questions please reach out to me at [email protected] or 917-674-6291.