Becoming a CIT at SummerTech
As an educational camp whose motto is “Have fun, learn something”, each SummerTech staff member is part counselor and part teacher. Before teaching training starts, we begin with counselor training.
The CIT program is a one-week experience that is available to any camper who has at least completed 9th grade. During your CIT week you will be on a “team” with your fellow CITs to perform a set of tasks, autonomously, to both support and further the SummerTech experience for everyone.
To qualify as a CIT you must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of 9th grade
- Commitment to at least two weeks in your CIT summer (at least one as camper, one as CIT)
- You can not do more than one CIT week
A SummerTech CIT is technically a camper who takes on leadership roles and becomes part of staff that week. CITs receive all of the camper benefits and more including:
- Continuing your studies by taking a full weekly course
- Working with your fellow CITs to create an autonomous team
- Supporting and assisting on SummerTech electives
- Developing and operating SummerTech events
- Being the supporting “backbone” of camp operations
- Prioritizing teamwork – “If one CIT fails we all fail”
Q: Do CITs teach?
A: No. We want our CITs to continue learning and will receive full instruction. This experience is about being a leader at camp – not an instructor.
Q: Is there a cost to being a CIT?
A: Yes, a CIT is still technically a camper and receives all of the camper benefits plus extra, exclusive opportunities amongst fellow CITs. The cost is the same as the camper tuition.
Q: Do I need to sleep over when I’m a CIT?
A: Absolutely not. You can definitely commute.
Q: Do I have to stay until 9pm each night?
A: Absolutely not. But the more time you are with us, the more you can do!
Q: How do I become a CIT?
A: SummerTech 2022 CIT Application
Q: What comes next?
A: After your CIT week you will be invited into the SummerTech Internship and Development Course