Learning 3D Modeling
In our 3D modeling courses, campers learn the fundamentals of creating digital 3D models. Students develop models of real-life objects as well as their favorite fictional characters. With 3D modeling, campers can follow their artistic inspiration while learning how to use advanced software. Create art for video games, model your favorite Star Wars spaceships, introduce yourself to 3D animated movies, and more!
Recommended Weeks: 2+
About 3D Modeling
Benefits of Learning 3D Modeling
In addition to giving kids a new skill, 3D modeling camp offers these benefits:
- Creative stimulation: Like every artistic skill, 3D modeling pushes kids to go beyond their creative boundaries.
- Technical skills building: 3D modeling helps kids and teens improve motor control and computer skills.
- Passion exploration: With so many 3D modeling styles and applications out there, kids get to explore the paths that interest them.
3D Modeling Applications
You can use 3D modeling in a wide range of careers and industries. 3D modeling courses can lead to skill development for:
- Film and TV: 3D models form the basis for 3D animated movies and shows such as Pixar films. They also create realistic effects for live-action entertainment like Game of Thrones.
- Game development: A large number of today’s video games use 3D models as the basis for their graphics. 3D modeling enables you to make visual assets, the building blocks of game animation.
- Engineering and architecture: 3D modeling helps in planning and designing engineering and architecture projects. It makes scale models of the intended results for more precise design.
3D Modeling Topics Covered at Camp
The SummerTech 3D modeling camp covers fundamental 3D modeling subjects such as:
3D Box Modeling
In 3D box modeling, the artist starts with a basic shape like a box or sphere and modifies it. Techniques like rotating, extruding, and scaling the model’s components let you create advanced models from a simple foundation.
Like box modeling, sculpting creates the basic shape of a 3D object. 3D sculpting techniques involve the use of brushes and tools to form a 3D object like clay.
Once you create the shape of a 3D model using modeling or sculpting, you can begin texturing. The 3D texturing process places an image over the model to add color and details.
Basic 3D Animation
With a completed 3D model, you can animate it to create movies, games and more. Animate the 3D model on its own or add more models to create a scene.
About Blender, Our Course Technology
Blender 3D modeling software features an interactive and intuitive interface that enables you to create models and animations. Its open-source nature, approachability, and powerful features make it our course’s tool of choice. This 3D creation suite supports every step in the 3D pipeline, including:
- Motion tracking
- Video editing
- Game creation
Register for 3D Modeling Camp for Middle and High Schoolers Today
At SummerTech, we believe in bringing kids’ ideas to life with the power of technology. Find out why our campers come back every year by signing up for camp today!