Computer Animation for Middle Schoolers, High Schoolers and Kids
We offer our animation classes to teens and kids who need a creative release. Every student starts by learning how to draw on a computer with a tablet and stylus. Then, they move all the way up to creating interactive movies based on their original ideas. Our teachers work closely with each student to help them learn the fundamentals of digital animation.
Recommended Weeks: 1+
Choose Your Own Adventure in a 2D Animation Camp
At SummerTech, we want to appeal to every kid’s creative interests. To help each camper follow their passion, we teach 2D animation for animators and game designers. Learn more about each specialization:
You can find digital 2D animation in TV, movies, and Internet videos. We welcome kids with any art style to join our courses and follow their one-of-a-kind creative visions. Our campers create short movies in styles such as:
- Western animation: Kids inspired by Disney, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and other companies can develop animations in similar styles.
- Anime: With anime becoming increasingly popular in the United States, we support campers who want to animate in this style and create manga.
- Internet animation: Students who want to make the next viral cartoon can draw in styles similar to their favorite Internet animations.
Our animation software, Toon Boom Harmony, enables you to create 2D animations and drawings for games. Use it to make these two types of animations:
- Assets: Assets work like the building blocks in a game, and 2D artistic assets make up the game’s graphics.
- Cutscenes: If you want to learn how to animate every part of a game, you can also learn how to make cutscenes.
Why Learn Computer Animation at a SummerTech Camp?
Computer animation courses provide plenty of benefits to a kid or teen’s learning journey, including:
- Technical skill building: Artists of all levels can practice their drawing skills in computer animation classes. Students who don’t have experience with animation also get the added challenge of learning new ways to imagine art.
- Creative inspiration: A creative environment like a computer animation course stimulates creativity and innovation. It motivates students to push the boundaries of their artistic visions.
- Improved storytelling abilities: Animation classes help students build a story structure. Our courses encourage kids to use their own ideas in their movies and games.
About Toon Boom Harmony, Our Course Technology
During SummerTech computer animation courses, campers learn how to use Toon Boom Harmony. This software has 25 years of history with leading animation studios. Students learn how to use the same program used in cartoons such as:
- The Simpsons
- Adventure Time
- The Pokémon anime
- Your Name
- Steven Universe
- Spongebob Squarepants
Sign Up and Learn Computer Animation for Teens and Kids
Our animation camps in Weston, MA and Purchase, NY will give your child the power to bring their ideas to life. Experience the SummerTech difference by registering for camp today.