Learning Java Programming
As one of the most popular programming languages, Java powers software around the world. Learning how to program with Java enables you to build a wide range of web systems and apps. Both desktop and mobile applications use Java, making this language a must-have in the world of tech. Teens with Java experience get a competitive edge in education and the working world. Plus, they have fun using their knowledge to bring ideas to life!
We recommend our Java courses for students over age 15 who have previous programming experience. Younger campers and campers with no programming experience can enroll in our Python course first.
Recommended Weeks: 3+
Java is a general-purpose and flexible programming language and platform. When you write code with Java, you can use it on any Java-supported platform. The Java programming language has an object-oriented approach. Everything in Java counts as an “object” that has its own state and behavior.
Java’s popularity is primarily the result of its many benefits. Features of Java coding include:
- Simplicity: Compared to languages like C and C++, Java has a simpler syntax or “grammar.”
- Performance: Java’s design is centered around performance, especially in the way it converts itself to computer code.
- Security: Java has built-in security features that help coders create secure applications.
- Community support: Numerous programmers count on Java and support one another in their Java development.
People all over the world depend on Java, so the opportunities to use this language in everyday life are almost endless. Java finds use in these situations and more:
- Finance and business: Java can manage transactions and create algorithms for stock investment.
- Science and research: Researchers and scientists use Java to handle large amounts of data for their studies.
- Mobile development: Most Android phone and tablet applications run on Java or use a Java-based platform.
Eclipse IDE and Git Collaboration Tools
At SummerTech, our collaboration tools let campers and counselors share work and information. The Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) gives campers an interface where they can write code and work together. Plus, Git lets them create backups and different versions to share during the course.
Prepare for the AP Computer Science Exam
If you plan on taking the AP Computer Science exam, our Java camp will give you a great head start. This exam covers material up to our camp’s Module Five. Campers can reach this module in as little as 2-3 weeks. By starting Java ahead of time with our camp, you can confidently tackle AP Computer Science.
Register for a SummerTech Java Camp Today!
Let your teen harness the power of one of the most popular programming languages through SummerTech. Our Java camps in Weston, MA and Purchase, NY offer a place where children can have fun learning tech. Find out why our campers come back every year — register your child today!