Why Learn Python?
Python classes make a great fit for kids beginning to learn how to code. Since Python’s code is so easy to understand, new coders can pick it up fairly quickly. It also has enough power for advanced coders to use it in complex programming. More developers use Python today than ever before, and many experts predict that growth will continue.
We recommend Python for all of our incoming coding students because of its straightforwardness.
Recommended Weeks: 3+
Python Features and Benefits
The benefits of Python as a programming language include:
- Readability: Python has a very readable and easy-to-understand “grammar” that users of any experience level can pick up. Reading a good Python program can feel like reading English.
- High-level language: As a high-level language, Python focuses only on major details. This means that it handles low-level details for you, like memory management, to make coding easier.
- Portability: Developers can make Python work on a variety of platforms. It creates programs for systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, and even Playstation.
- Easy computer interpretation: When a computer uses a code like Python, the code needs to convert to the computer’s language. Python takes its code and first translates it into bytecode, then into the computer’s native code.
Python Programming Applications
Developers and other tech experts use Python in a variety of situations, including:
- Web applications: Python has many web-friendly frameworks for quick development.
- Software: Desktop and mobile applications can run on Python code.
- Scientific and research applications: Some researchers use Python to record and analyze large amounts of data.
- Games: Video games like Civilization IV and Toontown run on Python coding.
Collaboration With Git and Eclipse IDE
In our Python courses, we use two platforms — Git and Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE). Git creates multiple versions and backups of a project and lets students share their work. Eclipse IDE works as a coding platform to hold our campers’ projects.
Register for a SummerTech Python Summer Camp Today
Our Python camps in Weston, MA and Purchase, NY give kids a place to learn, have fun, and make friends. Find out why we have so many campers for life when you sign up your child today.